First Grumman Cat of the Jet Age
This Grumman Panther Package consists of one Grumman F9F-4 and one Grumman F9F-5.
The F9F is one of the rarest surviving aircraft of the Korean War and Cold War period and a significant opportunity for today's collector.The Grumman F9F Panther was Grumman's first operational jet fighter. The type flew over 78,000 sorties and was responsible for the first air to air kill of the Korean War.The Panther flew almost 50% of all USN combat missions.”
- First US Navy and Marine Corp fighter jet in service - First
deployed in San Diego
- First to shoot down enemy combatant in Korea
- First jet aircraft of World Famous Blue Angels
- Type Flown by Astronaut Neil Armstrong and baseball legend
- Excellent docile take off and landing performance makes
operating the Panther from modern civilian airports feasible.
-The Panther appeared on screen on the films:
- Bridges of TOKO RI and Men of the Fighting Lady
The package consists of:
1x Grumman F9F-4 Panther Suitable for restoration to fly
1x Grumman F9F-5 Panther Suitable for restoration to fly
(2) Engines: Allison J-33 Turbojet; 6,100 lbs max thrust
Package includes many spare and NOS Panther parts for use in the restoration.
SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION UPON INSPECTION