1962 Beechcraft Super G18
s/n BA616 Reg: N50WA
300 Hrs Since Restoration
Pratt & Whitney R-985 SB Wasp Jr.
300 Hrs SMOH
Pratt & Whitney R-985 SB Wasp Jr.
300 Hrs SMOH
Garmin GTN 750 WAAS GPS/NAV/COMM
Garmin GTN 650 WAAS GPS/NAV/COMM
ADS-B IN / Out with Garmin GDL 88 system
STEC 55X Auto Pilot with Yaw Dampening and LNAV/VNAV coupling, and automatic electric trim ($38,000 system installed)
SAI 340 Digital Attitude Indicator
PS Engineering PMA 8000 digital intercom system w/ bluetooth
Restored with 7 pax configuration with all executive chairs, and also a 3 pax bench to give it a configuration for 8 pax.
White with burgundy trim
320 gallon fuel capacity
New API spar strap installed
The following is a list of important restoration facts about the aircraft:
1. All yellow tags for every component.
2. Traceability documents on every part used down to the flat washers
3. Remove engines and disassemble completely
4. Remove all hardware and attachments from firewalls
5. Remove gear assemblies and disassemble completely
6. Remove all fuel tanks strip pressurize repair and epoxy paint
7. Remove wings install new wing bushings, obtain both factory bushing reamers, install new factory wing bolts, locate retired Beechcraft employee that used to fit wings and learn proper procedure.
8. Replace all cable pulleys throughout airframe
9. Install two new flap screw jacks
10.Replace all gear rod and flap rod universal joints
11. Send out gear retract draglinks and have X rayed
12. Remove Southwind Heater and sent to factory repair station for major overhaul.
13. Send out fire bottle for overhaul and certification
14. Install new fuel pump for cabin heater and new hour meter
15. Strip, inspect, and cadmium plate all hardware for airframe
16. Epoxy paint all gear components and install placards
17. Strip all wells and epoxy prime and epoxy paint all areas
18. Send all flight surfaces to Lee Camron for metalizing
19. Properly balance all surfaces prior to reassembly
20. Remove everything that is not riveted from the interior of cabin
21. Install spun slag insulation to cabin walls (four times sound deadening than fiberglass)
22. Install new cabin interior upholstery Maroon leather seats light grey wool headliner maroon carpet
23 Send all original cabinetry out for disassembly and re-veneering and refinishing
24. Rebuild cabin door with original factory' new trim on interior
25. Send all instruments out for overhaul certify or replace with new
26. All overhauled instruments have the Beechcraft logo silk screened on the face as original
27. Build match dies to fabricate new instrument panel blank
28. Install cabin opening side windows on flight deck
29. Strip entire fuselage exterior NOTE there are no cracks, stop drills, skin repairs, patches, or loose rivets anywhere on this entire aircraft
30. Repaint aircraft in DuPont 6000 series high solids urethane paint using only DuPont products
31. Install new rock boots on lower vertical stabs.
32. Remove and disassemble entire tail wheel strut and strip out all components of tall wheel well
33. Find original canvas splash protector for tail wheel well and fit as original
34. Install top and bottom fuselage strobes.
35. Send out flap and gear motors for overhaul
36. Send out sump boost pumps for overhaul
37. Order Stainless steel bearings for all wheels
38. Remove oil tanks, strip, inspect, epoxy paint
39. Suspend aircraft weight outer wing tips and refit center spar splice after wing refit
40. Suspend aircraft and swing gear 20 times adjusting doors and limit switches
41. Install all new gear limit switches.
42. Rig all flight surfaces as per factory recommendations
43. Set and safety wire all control cables.
44. Install all new fuel level senders in each tank
1. Send crankshafts to Tulsa Aircraft for overhaul, install all new link rods
2. Fit all new not reprocessed crank roller and ball bearings
3. Purchase 18 first run steel cylinders never overhauled
4. Send cylinders to E.C.I. for overhaul plating and certification
5. Fit all new factory Pratt exhaust valves and intake valves
6. Install new factory Pratt pistons and rings and pins
7. Install new valve springs and safety keepers and safety clips on valves
8. Send blower sections to Tulsa Aircraft for overhaul
9. Supply with blowers all new bearings, shafts, cover plates, and newly rebalanced NOS impellors 10. Send Magnetos out for overhaul
11. Send fuel pumps out for overhaul
12. Send vacuum pumps out for overhaul
13. Send carburetors out for overhaul
14. Install new 100 amp alternators remove old generator components
15. Fabricate new collected bearing weep lines Stainless steel.
16. Re-anodize all fuel and oil fittings
17. Rebuild cowling and reinstall cowl baffles with original style staples as O.E.
18. Epoxy paint all engine components
19. Rebuild and Epoxy engine mounts
20. Install new air oil separators
21. Rebuild oil coolers
22. Send out prop governors for overhaul
23. Install new ignition harnesses
24. Locate new magneto to vibrator harnesses
25. Install new PMA exhaust stacks ceramic coated inside and out
26. Install new one piece flap assemblies
27. Locate the only remaining new dishpan for left engine
28. Purchase two new D model dishpans and disassembled to make a new dishpan for right engine
29. Install new wiring harnesses for engines inside cowling
30. Recast from one original cast emblem to fit on each upper cowl as O.E. was
Twenty years invested in this restoration. This aircraft has impeccable records and logs and a picture history of the restoration project. The purchaser receives all factory tools and jacks. It also comes with a hanger full of new and used Beech 18 parts. A collection of rotables is also included two overhauled certified first run cylinders, two 0/H magnetos, A 0/H carburetor, 0/H fuel pump, new set of brake discs, new Pratt piston , a new complete set of Stainless exhaust PMA. Complete set of manuals and factory books.