s/n 211 Reg: VH-SCW // $150,000
s/n 211 Reg: VH-SCW
1938 Ryan SCW-145
- 985.1 Hrs. TTSN
- 95 Hrs. since comprehensive restoration by Field Air, Australia circa 2015
- Warner Aircraft Corporation Scarab SS50a
- 110 Hrs. SMOH by R.A. Hulme, Screaming Eagles, Santa Paula, CA
- Engine IRAN by Borg Sorensen, Victoria, Australia, April 2013
- Tarver Propellers LLC, Aeromatic 220
- 92.0 Hrs. SMOH by Tarver Propellers LLC, Fallon, Nevada
- TY91 Trigg VHF
- TT21 Class 2 Mode S Transponder
- Sigtronics SPA400 Intercom
- Polished metal fuselage 9/10
- Authentic period 9/10
- Ballarat, Australia
- In annual
Ryan SCW-145 VH-SCW s/n 211 is one of only 5 known to fly in the world and the only example in Australia.
This particular example flew with the US Army Air Force on Liaison duties during World War II designated a L 10. While based with ATC at Morrison Field and Lantana with the CAP, it became the subject matter of popular cartoonist and CAP pilot, Zack Mosley. Best known for his syndicated aviation cartoon strip ‘The Adventures of Smilin’ Jack’, Mosley’s art described life in the CAP, and helped in its recruiting drive.
In 2016 it won 3rd prize in the Freddie March Spirit of Aviation concours d’elegance, at the Goodwood Revival. Following flying displays at La Ferte Alais and Compiene in France, it was on display at the Shuttleworth Collection, in the UK. Following the 2017 Goodwood revival it was shipped back to Australia, where it has followed the vintage aircraft fly-in circuit since.
Powered by a Warner Super Scarab 7 cylinder radial engine overhauled by R.A. Hulme at Aero Classics, Santa Paula, CA. In 2013, local vintage engine expert Borg Sorensen performed an IRAN on the engine.
It has a rather unique sound and fitted with the Aeromatic propeller, performance is impressive, and is a delight to fly.
Sales may be subject to local Sales Tax / V.A.T. / G.S.T.
Aircraft maybe subject to prior sale, lease, and/or removal from the market without prior notice.
Specifications subject to verification upon inspection.
Like what you see? Fill out our convenient form today!