s/n 44-74829 Reg: ZK-TAF (New Zealand) // $2,395,000
s/n 44-74829 Reg: ZK-TAF (New Zealand)
1944 P-51D-30-NA Mustang
- 1599.4 Hrs. TTSN
- Restored by Fort Wayne Air Service - 1984
- Packard V-1650-7 Merlin
- 208.8 Hrs. SMOH by Vintage V12's
- 0 Since Top O/H by Motor Sport Solutions NZ - Feb. 2021
- Hamilton Standard 24D50-87
- 811.55 TTSN
- 278.5 TSO Hrs. Overhaul December 2008
- 60 Month A.D. due July 2024
- 1 x King Comm/Nav KX165/KI525A
- 1 x King Comm/Nav KX165/KI206
- 2 x King ADF KR87/KI228
- 1 x King XPDR KT76/SSD-120
- 1 x King Audio Panel KMA24H
- 1 x King DME KN62A
- 1 x King Marker KR22
- 1 x Kannad ELT 406AF
- RNZAF, 3 Sqn, City of Canterbury
- Cavalier conversion including second seat
- Ardmore, New Zealand
- In Annual, all relevant Airworthiness Directives, and the Annual Review of Airworthiness completed mid March 2022
- "As Is Where Is"
NAA P-51D-30-NA Mustang 44-74829 is one of 16,766 Mustangs built. Built in 1944, it served with both the United States Air Force (USAF) and the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) until 1959 when surplused and placed on the civil register.
After passing through various US based owners during the 1960's and 70's, 74289 was restored by Fort Wayne Air Service, IN with her first post restoration flight taking place on November 13, 1984. She was imported into New Zealand by Sir Tim Wallis in 1984 and has been flying there ever since.
ZK-TAF is painted in the colors of NZ2415, a No. 3 Squadron (Canterbury) machine, to represent the 30 P-51's flown by the New Zealand Territorial Air Force in the 1950's.