s/n 135129 Reg: N518WB // Make Offer
s/n 135129 Reg: N518WB
1950 Fairey Aviation Ltd. Firefly AS-6
Multiple Award Winning Aircraft
- 1100 Hrs. Total Time Since New
- 200 Since Restoration by Q.G. Aviation
- 10 Since IRAN / Re-restoration
- Rolls Royce Griffon 74
- 10 SMOH by Vintage V-12’s
- Griffon Fingers
- 2x King KX155 TSO Nav Com
- 1x King KMA 24 TSO Audio Panel
- 1x King KT-76A Transponder
- Garmin 496
- Original Royal Australian Navy – 817 Squadron aboard HMAS Sydney by the Royal Navy 10/10
- Restored to original – green
- All original equipment installed
- Dowty Rotol – 4 blade Metal Prop
- 10 SPOH
- 2002 EAA Airverture Oshkosh: Grand Champion – Post WWII
- Golden Wrench Award – Q.G. Aviation
- 2002 Rolls Royce Heritage Award – Reno NV
- 2002 People Choice Award – Rolls Royce Heritage Competition
- California, USA
WB518 was one of the first ten MK VI s built but still retains the earlier fuselage of the MK V. The aircraft was originally delivered to 817 Squadron. 817 Squadron then exchanged their aircraft for those of 816 Squadron for duty in Korea.
The aircraft has been painted to represent WB377 which was loaned to 817 Squadron aboard HMAS Sydney by the Royal Navy for duty in Korea.
The Australians had damaged most of their original aircraft in accidents. WB377 ‘201’ in the commanding officer’s colors was no exception being damaged in Typhoon Ruth in October of 1951. The owner picked the wartime guise of 201 not only for aesthetics, but because it had most of the representative equipment of the period i.e. rocket rails, drop tanks, etc…
After being flown on the US airshow circuit for a decade, WB518 was damaged in a landing accident in 2012 due to a parts failure on the landing gear. The Firefly was returned to Q.G. Aviation in Colorado who completed the re-restoration in 2019. WB518 made a triumphant public return at Oshkosh 2019.
Sales may be subject to local Sales Tax / V.A.T. / G.S.T.
Aircraft maybe subject to prior sale, lease, and/or removal from the market without prior notice.
Specifications subject to verification upon inspection.
Like what you see? Fill out our convenient form today!